I am going to blame the Internet for this fail. We have been hearing that Dark Lance spam lists are gone by the way of the dinosaur. I had assumed this was the case. Once again I believed in the Internets ability to see something very simple. The truth is darklight spam is not only here, it is much nastier than before.

I do alot of what I call "List Building Exercises". No I am not doing pull ups (maybe I should be). Instead I am working on finding the boundaries of what can be done with a codex. That being said, I attempted my first Dark Eldar exercises. The sad part is that it took me about 5 minutes to find this list once I sat down to do it.

Curse me, call me names. This is how you do 24 Dark Lances in 1245 pts. I was able to get 30 lances at 1665 pts.

The Base. (24 lances for 1245) You will need to build on top of this base to make your list.
Elite
3x Kabalite Trueborn (5) with 2 Dark Lances and Raider = 170 each
total lances = 9
Fast Attack
3x Scourges (5) with 2 Dark Lances = 140 pts
total lances = 6
Heavy Support
3x Ravager with 3 dark lances = 105 each
total lances = 9
Totals are 1245 pts and 24 Dark Lances

Now simply add in what you want. Personally I wouldn't go this direction but we must take the exercise to the logical conclusion, so lets add warriors with raiders.
Troops
6x Warriors (10) with 1 Dark Lance and Raider = 175pts
total lances = 12

This gives us 2295 pts and 36 Dark Lances. It also gives us 9 Raiders and 3 Ravagers with 90 infantry. Look familiar?

Another options is full 10 man scourge units. Here you get 30 lances for 1665. Then you need troops etc.

One thing to remember is that there is alot you can do with this. You don't have to add more lances than the base. You can then add in the Baron, and take massive Hellion troops, or Haemonculi and wrack troops w/raiders or venoms. Even going the wych route with the base firepower behind you would make an interesting list. Oh yea, you can even take Asdrubael Vect and Baron Sathonyx for a +1 to your deployment and a 4+ seize the initiative, there is that many points left over after the base.

This gives you a good understanding on what you can do with lances. It is not a very playable list yet. It's just the first step in figuring out how the new codex will work.

Comments?
 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...