Well, I decided that it was time to start somewhere. My old 30 metal mandrakes needed somewhere to go, and they've joined a wych cult. Technically they look more like wyches now in the new model range than they do the new Mandrakes. However, I wanted something besides just saying "Hey these are now wyches".

So first off, I am definitely not the best modeler, and don't have the techniques or the tools. As evident when an old buddy of mine glued his eye lid shut one night. I know it wasn't me, but I'm not much better.

The first thing I did, was take pliers and start bending. The old mandrakes suffer from the single pose syndrome (there are a couple, but they all look alike). So I snapped an arm right off. Dammit.

Couple hours later, arm is back on. 

Basically I'm playing it by ear, and slicing and dicing. Taking bits from Mordhiem, Empire Flagellents, Old Dark Eldar bits and seeing what I can come up with. I've got some filing, a lot of figuring out how to deal with the old paint (which I don't want to have to remove). The models were originally just primered and a couple colors added to them.

I also do not like the Wych hair scenario. Just something about it that bugs me. Especially on the male wyches. Since mandrakes are male, most of my wyches will be male. Perhaps the Hekatrix upgrades will be my females, and keep the hair on them.

Since I have a good idea of what is going to go into my primary lists, it was a good time to start modeling. Get my fingers wet (and stuck) kind of thing. I am having some fun, creating weapons, making sure they have plenty of places for trophies (heads etc), and trying very hard not to bend the metal too far.

I think the old mandrakes will make decent wyches. I'm going to take my time though, and see what I can do.
 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...