It was a fierce battle, the 23rd Armor Company hit the field for the first time, and it was a rough one. I figured it was time to take the list I put together a few weeks ago. I was bringing lots of firepower backed up with 23 pieces of armor to form the rock. So I called up a friend over at Mojjos Madness to hit the field.

Now I didnt know exactly what he was going to be fielding, since he owns every army except Dark Eldar and One other that I cant remember. What he brought was necrons. We played at his house, his table is still being painted, so we were on a black board. Oh well. Next time we will get a painted table with a painted army. 2500 point battle over some rough and tall ruins. It was board quarters, with 4 objectives, and I won the roll off to go first.

This is me.
 Imperial Guard: 23rd Armored Company

My opponent:
4 squads of 10Necron Warriors
2 Necron Lords, both with orbs, and one that could teleport
3 squads of Immortals I think they were 8 in number
3 Monoliths
Phase out number. 50

My opponent had an idea of what I was bringing, and he was ready to counter me. I sat up in my chosen quarter, while he set up to reserve his entire army. (hoping to filter troops through his monoliths).

So round 1 was pretty lame, scout moves on the vendettas, and then everything pretty much moving to get a good position. My round two was the same. At the end of Round 2 the game actually began. My opponent was playing smart.

Bottom of 2. All three monoliths come in. Pretty much his entire army except the two warrior squads with attached Lords. Obviously the Necrons suddenly appeared deep into my lines, coming out of the monoliths to cut my early forward advance. Several of the chimeras were shaken and damaged, but no serious damage was dealt.

Round 3. Opening up with everything I had, Baslisks fire direct at a monolith, catching most of the emerging warriors. Heavy flamers, and other fire takes down the two warrior units hard, forcing one to break and run. Vendettas and company commands shake up the monoliths, immobilizing both that had deepstriked farthest into my lines. Smart movements of loaded chimeras, trapped two Monoliths into place with my chimeras parking on all their sides. In the photo, the two monoliths on the right has chimeras in front of their portals and had effectively cut off any further teleporting units through these two monoliths, not to mention I also immobilized them.

Bottom of 3. The rest of his army walked onto the board. Broken squad #1 that was running had to keep running due to a good chimera location within 6". Forward chimeras were hit hard along side armor values from the immortals, wrecking them, while his monoliths kept my chimeras mostly shaken and stunned, not allowing me to fire off all my Hunterkiller Missiles. Infantry coming out of the Chimeras were hit hard, however stayed alive by hitting the dirt (going to ground).

Round 4 was a deciding factor. At this point the Necrons had done only slight damage to the large mechanized force before them. Here, one of the company command squads in the chimera tank shocked forward 12 inches, hitting the already broken squad, and immediately causing them to flee further towards their board edge.This pushed the broken warriors right into a heavy mix of immortals and creating the ideal target for basilisks. They had to fire direct, but the result was 25% more casualties on the broken squad, so they had to run again (and off the board). Also one unit of immortals was hit hard, and broke off the board edge from the direct firing earthshaker rounds. Almost every unit he had was forced to pass to a leadership test that round from casualties, and alot of necrons were removed from the table.

Lucky for him, the bottom of 4 went well. A teleporting Necron Lord with warriors wiped out IG infantry emerging out of their wreck. Chimeras were mostly stunned, but were succumbing to immortals working their way around to side armor shots. The Center of the board, which I had pushed into, was now starting to crumble as forward chimeras were wrecked under advancing immortals. A Hydra was lost as well, one in a squadron of three.

Round 5. The basiliks turned catching a narrow glimpse of the teleporting necron lord through the ruins. check out this shot through the doorway. All the warriors were destroyed, however the Lord somehow remained with a single wound left. A lone necron warrior in the center was killed in melee, and the necron lord teleported to successfully contest one of my three held objectives. Immortals emerged from one monolith, and at the end of the 5th, he held his backfield objective, and I held mine. However the game continued after a die roll to continue. The necrons were thinning out at this point, however, they were making decent advances trying to reach objectives.

The sixth round was pretty straight forward. The necrons had made a hard last minute rush to draw the game, but they were exposed. The Lord was killed, however would return once again, and the immortals in the center of the field were all but destroyed. This left 16 models on the field after he rolled his We'll be Back. This left the Necrons suddenly and mysteriously vanishing from the battlefield. It was close, since 16 is right where I needed him. 17 and the game would go on. (yes we played another round for fun, but it got worse for the necrons, and the victory would of become much more solid, as my tanks moved up to contest his objective and I killed even more)

Overall it was a great game. My chimeras really slowed down his advance, especially when I blocked in his Monoliths with my armor. It was the tank shocking company command  though that really shined. They were able to hit an already broken unit and force them to fall back into an ideal location for the Basilisks. Over-all the Necrons were not really able to deal with all the armor. I lost 5 chimeras, and 1 Hydra in the mechanized losses. His overall great champion was his teleporting ability, which I worked hard to stop. The Lord's teleporting, however was a wild card that I really had a hard time stopping. Necrons can be incredibly hard to get rid of.
 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...