What's On Your Table: To submit your work, please send up to 8 pics or short video to natfka@live.com.

For my Genestealer Cult, I had 2 identital Maguses, so I decided to convert one up, Blanchitsu-style, along with a Crouchling, as it’s always nice to WYSIWYG relics. In the fluff, Maguses can compete for dominance, and since the standard male Magus looks quite authoritarian, he keeps his rival locked up (hence the iron mask on his face). But the Crouchling only visits those who are especially powerful, so he set him free and now there’s hell to pay (until the uprising, of course). 


For the Magus, I used bits from the Flagellants kit, as well as a vox caster and spare parts from an Acolytes box. The familiar was a bit tougher to conceptualize although the build was a simple head swap from the 3rd ed. Zombies kit. The Crouchling is a relic familiar the codex describes as “skittering,” “talks in a high, reedy voice,” and “small and weak of limb” but “a powerful psychic presence.” 

So, after much digging and blue-tacking and carving up prospective bits, I decided one a simple head swap, giving him a larger head to make his body look weak and give him that sickly-psychic look. It reminds me of the creepy, ratty guy kneeling and holding the female Magus’ hand in the codex. I really like how he turned out. Indeed, some of the most effective conversions are the simplest, for my tastes anyways.

Thanks for taking a look.

Maybe I’ll send them back after I get them painted up.

- Kevin




 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...