Rich Griffith is getting and painting up some miniatures as well as running the London Marathon to help donate money to the Alzheimer's Society. Alzheimers research is a worthwhile cause that affects many families worldwide, including my own many years ago.

So Rich asked if I would post up here. I thought it about it for a few moments.... hmmm miniatures, painting, good cause. Lets see what he has going on.

Go here to get in on this.
https://justgiving.com/fundraising/griffpaints2020

via Rich
Alzheimer’s Society is transforming the landscape of dementia forever.Until the day we find a cure, we will create a society where those affected by dementia are supported and accepted, able to live in their community without fear or prejudice.

The amount of good the Society does is staggering, but so is the size of the problem. Cases of dementia in the UK are forecast to increase to over 1 million by 2021 and over 2 million by 2051 and the Society is committed to being there for every one of those people.

Two weeks ago I found out that I have the opportunity to run this marathon. Or walk it. Or crawl it. Either way, I'm embarking on 26.2 miles of awesome. I also promised to raise £2,000 for the privilege of doing so. And what's where I need help.

Now before we get into the meat of the deal, some people might wanna give to me because they love giving and care not for receiving. Or because they know me and feel morally obligated to. And those people can give here: https://justgiving.com/fundraising/griffpaints2020 and that way their donations get gift aid.

But I recognise some folk like a hook. A draw. An incentive. And I know some folk just want to savour the sweet sensation of winning. So, to that end I'm proposing the following: for every £5 you donate on this page, you will get an entry into the super mega giveaway.

What's the super mega giveaway, you ask?
The winner of the super mega giveaway gets £150 of geedubs' finest plastic, picked by you, purchased by me at no cost to you, from my friendly local gaming store. I will then paint this, pack this, and post it to you (at no cost to you and provided you are in the UK!).

I am no Duncan Rhodes but I follow his teachings. My coats are thin, twice layered, and my edges highlighted. Pics of things that I painted recently here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1e2d8vjk3cz7ymo/AAAnWok3EDq6mh5BUEKl3HDpa?dl=0

The deets:
I will conclude this venture on the 18th April 2020 at 5pm GMT, no donations after that will be entered.

It's £5, yes five whole pounds, per entry. Enter as many times as your heart or wallet compels you and you'll get an entry for each of these whole fives.

The draw entrants will be independently verified and the winner picked from a hat (or similar opaque vessel), hopefully by Matt the guy that runs my local geedubs.

The winner will need to have a UK address to post this stuff to, I'm not going global with this.
It will take me time to paint stuff (although if you win and don't back my skills, feel free to take the plastic in its natural grey) so I will provide updates and aim to get this to you within 2 months.
If you have questions that need to be answered and are not answered here, get in touch and I will post an update to answer them.

Please leave a Reddit username, email address or other means of me contacting you in the event that you do a win.

Note: this is not a scam, scamola or sham. It's the only way I can think of to raise money for the Alzheimer's Society using the meagre talents I have.



 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...