Mantic Games is a company that many of us in the hobby know of for their affordable miniatuers. Even their google listing has them listed as Mantic Games: Affordable Wargames. Mantic produces a lot of miniatures for the many games they have, including Kings of War, Vanguard, Warpath, Deadzone, and many more. This gives their miniature ranges very large coverage for what you might be looking for in the hobby, rather its for a game Mantic produces, or someone elses

Alternative Reviews: Remember please that this review is nothing more than my own experience with the orders. I always order something for myself or what a friend can use. Please by all means comment below on your own experiences with Mantic. The goal of these articles is to give reader additional information in one place about ordering miniatures and hobby tools from many different places. 
All scores are rated 1-5. 1 being extremely poor, 3 acceptable/good, 5 being exceptional.


Mantic Games
Many people in the hobby think of their miniatures as sub-par in detail and quality, and in some cases their older miniatures do some have some of that problem. Their newer releases look really nice, and their Vanguard miniatures that were just released are a great example of that.
I did not order anything yet from the Vanguard releases.. this time.


Customer Service: The Order and Shipping......
Mantic Wargames. Starting off with the price of the miniatures. Yes you got it, you get quite a few models for your money.

One thing Mantic does really well is respond quickly to confirm your order and to get it shipped. Mantic shipped out the next day. I ordered on October 15th and the models arrived on the 24th. Now I live on the west coast of the United States up in Oregon, so that is quite the feat of getting the models to me as orders always take a few extra days to reach the Pacific Northwest.

No problems with the order and it was quick to get to me. I ordered through 3 companies on teh same day....... theirs was first the first to arrive.
Customer Service and Shipping Rating 5 Exceptional


Cost of the Miniatures with shipping: 
With Mantic you get a lot for your money, and the boxes of miniatures I ordered brought 20 miniatures each. That is a great deal on budget. When they arrived the Salamanders were their own box while the Naiad sprues came in plastic bags inside. I don't really need a box, so this doesnt mean a lot to me except possibly for that first wow factor when opening the box.

Here is what I ordered.
Naiad Regiment £19.99 for 20 miniatures. That's $29.99 USD
Salamander Regiment £19.99 for 20 miniatures. $29.99 USD

Shipping costs through Mantic are also acceptable with the following prices to get free shipping.
Any Order over £50 / €70 / $80 gets free shipping. So really if you are going to order online... free shipping is not that hard to get to. Plus you can get a lot..

Rating for Total Costs including Shipping: 5 Exceptional

sprue with torsos x4

sprues and torsos x4



Scale, Details, and Quality of the Miniature.
Both the Salamanders and the Naiads are plastic.

Edit: Apparently I am incorrect on the age of these miniatures releases. I am not certain which is older right now, but the review stands for what I was working with. 

The Salamanders definitely feel to be outdated sculpts for Mantic and I felt there is quite the difference between them and the newer sculpts of the Naiads. The Salamanders have rather stale poses (even though they are different, and I think them better than how the look on their website). In those regards I was very happy with the Naiads. I new what I was getting when I ordered the Salamanders and was mostly just OK with them.

While I have not yet painted the miniatures, I put them together and everything went well, although the older Salamanders were a little glue resistant...... meaning that I had either do extra cleaning or scratch up the surfaces I was going to glue. I did a little of both. The Naiads were not like this in comparison.

Here are another pic as well as some model comparisons to see the scale up next to some familiar images.









Quality, Material, and Sculpts..... 3+ (3.5)
Note: that their Vanguard Miniature line so far looks fantastic. I really like the Naiads as well.


Mantic Games Overall 4.5
Overall I would definitely order again from Mantic Games. I do like what you get for your money, the sculpts on many of the newer models or even some of now older ones I really like.

You can see more of what Mantic has to offer you... its a huge range at the following Link
http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-shop/kings-of-war.html

 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...