The pace of 6th edition is fast and furious, but with that exhilarating pace something has been left back at the starting line. FAQ's

Presence of Faeit is my weekly (unless I forget) editorial. Most of the time, I am reporting what other people are saying, and doing, and this is my chance to talk about what I am thinking or is going on here in my own little corner of the globe.


FAQ's and the Pace of Releases
I know there has been codex after codex, and I am a huge proponent of the release schedule we have been on with Warhammer 40k. It was interesting that we were discussing this fast of a release schedule with rumors way back at the onset of 6th edition, and it was the most widely claimed (Internet wide) that this was just wish listing, at least at first.

6th edition has been a dream come true for most of the hobby, with more varied codices, more units, a wide variety of release formats, and just a much better game than 5th edition ever was. I know there are hold outs, and even those that have left the game rather loudly, but I propose that they were already on the way out anyways.

The release schedule has been rather fast, and with digital releases coming even faster than print copies now, FAQs seem to have been left behind in the dust. I think a lot of the problems have been handled by Games Workshop, from distribution issues, releasing unit rules without models, and much more. Really though, we do need FAQs. Updates and corrections to keep on top of what is released, and this should be handled in the same ways that Games Workshop has moved forward with 6th edition.

FAQ's should come out with a regularity that we can expect. 30 Days after a release is plenty for an FAQ release. There are always just that many questions out there, that need answering. Best of all, the information is readily available on what those questions are. For example there are many blogs and other sites that are willing to put up those questions, and have done things like this in the past. Its possible to simply collect those, filter out the ones that are obvious (unless they keep coming up), and get out an FAQ.


Dropzone Commander

This week I have been waiting for a large sized order to arrive. In a nutshell, I will have easily 2500pts of both the UCM and Scourge with a huge variety of the units that are available. I think I ended up with almost one or two of every type of unit.

Not to mention of course, Hawk Wargames is sending out an early copy of the 2 player box set for review. So get ready guys, we are going to be talking a lot about Dropzone Commander over the next week or so. Some large battle reports and more.

Faeit 212 Youtube
Just a heads up if you did not know, I also have videos, that do not always make it onto the site here. Some of course make it, but not all. Not to mention, the videos appear on the Youtube page first, and often are released there before they are here, sometimes with up to a day or more lag.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Faeit212?view_as=public



 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...