For years I always considered myself a Dark Elder player. Hundreds of games back in 3rd edition with them. I even moved on to chaos back then and some others. I had something like 7 armies.

However I took a break and came back strong in 5th edition. Somehow I never got past that idea that I was still a dark eldar player, even though I jumped in hard to my Imperial Guard. Literally was playing it hard core for over well over a year with several games a week. I always thought that I was a Dark Eldar player goofing off with my Imperial Guard. Most players though saw it otherwise. I was a Guard player.

I guess what I am trying to say, I have to at some point admit, that I am also an Imperial Guard player. I approximated I must of gotten in at least 100 games in the new codex. Ive tried every unit but one.


So here it is, "My name is Scott, I am an Imperial Guard player". I am also a Dark Eldar player. I also have a good sized Blood Angels army and a smattering of other things. It's sometimes hard to get past the stereo types and your own personal self image, but I'm doing it. I am going to call that my growth for 2010 and call it a day.

Regardless, I am going to start a new series labeled "Weapons of the Imperium". It will be a deep look into the Imperial Guard and what I have discovered since the new codex's arrival. I will go unit by unit, along with tactics and tricks I have used and learned.
 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...