There are a lot of changes and refinements on the way. In fact I did a slew of them this morning, and will keep at it over the next couple days.

Couple things to look at and are open to discussion.


1. Headliner Articles: This was on a slider before and to be honest it was awful all these years. Now there will be 3 headliner articles at the top of the page. This will keep the most recent important top stores up top (like a good solid rumor, new release, etc)

2. Recent Posts- I had these a little further down but it was NOT easy to find down there, so I moved it up this morning. There will be less recent articles showing on the top if that is what you are interested in without going to the second page. This is because the articles down below take every article and divide it up by subject.

3. Categories- You will see below the recent posts that articles are divided up into Categories. This is so that if you are interested in the latest Warhammer article..... that is all you have to go to. If you are looking for Kickstarters.... they have a category as well.

This uses a popular theme among news companies that I frequently use. It allows you to quickly stay updated on topics you are interested in our case... What's On Your Table has it's own section. Want to see the last several days all at once? easy.

4. Daily Posts. There are anywhere from 1-3 posts here on the site per day currently. This will go up some very soon as it does the Recent Posts number count will go up as well, so that the daily readers on the site can just check a single page most of the time to see what is new today.

5. Less Ads. In reality the site never pays for the time and things that need to be done. (its why there are less reviews, videos, etc that I would like and other features). If the site does do this more things will be added. The goal of the site is always to just pay for itself.
So there are less google ads. This also gives Featured Banners more prominence.

6. Unsecure site: This notice is now gone from Faeit 212 on the site as there is less scripts running on it. This just about killed me tracking crap down that has accumulated over the years. Several times this just about made want to scrap the entirety of the site and start over.

7. Comments: Disqus- Working on getting it back up. It was supposed to be working already, so I have currently allowed the normal Google Blogger comments to run. Disqus will be back very soon. Sometime this week or I will keyboard my fingers to bloody nubs.

8. Top bar links- What is this? Its that black bar that current says Home and Future Links. Here future links will take you directly to the gaming companies that you want to head over and check. Games Workshop, Warlord Games, Mantic, and most other companies (including my own Genesys Games) will have links up there on dropdowns.


So Why all this?
Lets be honest the site has lagged. I want to add new content and an increasing variety of games and hobby topics. While this could be done in the old format, it was drab and old and buried topics quickly. The old site also kept the site listed as unsecure, which is a big no no in the blog-o-sphere.

Why now... Its been too long and Ive been cooped up far much lately to not get this work done. Its been part of plan for the last 6 months or so now.

Where you can help
So give it some time. I will be working through all of this over the next week. Please by all means shoot me over some comments or emails to let me know what you see on your end. I cannot see the site through all products and operating systems people use. I am checking Edge, Chrome, my apple devices (and my wife's), and any others that I can. So your comments help here.

So please when you comment with either "I like this" or "This sucks" please say what your mean definitively "This sucks because I cannot navigate such and such, or cannot find what I am looking for"
Also please tell me what devices and platforms you are using to see the site.
 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...