This is an interesting time for myself, as literally I feel I am stuck between armies. Yes, of course I like the Eldar codex, and the Space Marine one as well. Tau do not quite fit my aesthetics, even though really if you want models on the table with interceptor...... well, you know they are the best at it.


Presence of Faeit is my weekly (unless I forget) editorial. Most of the time, I am reporting what other people are saying, and doing, and this is my chance to talk about what I am thinking or is going on here in my own little corner of the globe.

Beasts of War
I wanted to touch on this subject, briefly, as I have been keeping it at arms length since Warren of Beasts of War has touched on it. Having recently had my own run ins with the GW legal team, (which is done and terms are good now with a direct line of communication should they want it), I understand the feeling and burden of what is going on over there.

Beasts of War is a great part of this community, and I am sure it will continue to be so. Even though the structure has changed, I am the kind of person that looks forward rather than backwards. So I look forward to what Beasts of War is going to be doing in the near future.

I can only imagine the fine line it is to be joined up with a GW store, and try and run a site. Its hard enough to do one or the other, but they have been doing both now for some time.

So anyhow, here is a quick video on what is going on over there, and of course a link
http://www.beastsofwar.com/games-workshop/announcement/



Warren, if you want to talk shop ever just shoot me an email, and we can arrange something.

Between Armies
I am literally between armies. Not currently happy with my options with my Dark Eldar, not content with running just Wave Serpents and Mechdar, and even the new Space Marines dont seem to want to fit with what I want to run. Of course a crazy scout army of White Scars appeals, but that seem to fit best with a small contingent of allies for something else.

Now Tau interceptors seem to fit nicely with some of what I like, but the literally the further I look into it, the more Tau do not fit with what I want. So with that, I have been digging hard back into my Imperial Guard, Grey Knights Inquisitions, even Blood Angels or allied Dark Angels.

So what happens when its time for me to sit down and make a list for a game? I am literally staring at army builder wondering what to do is what is happening. Its not a matter of boredom, its a matter of finding a list or army that fits with what I want to be doing, and that has not happened yet.

I suppose I am waiting for something to strike me as a must play.... but seem to be on hold until something like a White Scars supplement is released, or even an Iron Hands. Of course if the Imperial Guard come along, that could really throw me back on course......... but until then, I will just sit here and wandering in some sort of a daze.

Dropzone Commander
What I have been getting a lot of, is Dropzone Commander. I have spent the last three weekends demo'ing the game for friends or visitors that have wanted to try the game out. So while I think its time for some 40k games, Dropzone seems to be what I am doing right now.

Been getting some great demo games in too. I know that a good friend of mine, just bought the mega-army deal from Hawk Wargames, and its about 2400pts of army, and when combined with a few new model additions..... he will end up with 2700pts of PHR. That will be cool to see and face on the tabletop.

Also it appears that Ryan from The Prodigal Player might be picking up some PHR as well, so there will be some seriously good battles and hopefully some battle reports to come on these. Its also good to mention that I am getting an airbrush, for some serious painting.

Other Games
I currently have games set up this week for a Hell Dorado demo, and Dark Age in the same night later this week. So its back to the rules, to make sure I have them down. I also think I have a board game night coming this next weekend. Hopefully that will work out as well.

 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...