I had always wanted to order from Mierce Miniatures and doing alternative company reviews gave me the chance to order something for a friend of mine. How long did it take? what do the miniatures look like? Lets take a look at my personal experience with the order.


Alternative Reviews: Remember please that this review is nothing more than my own experience with the orders. I always order something for myself or what a friend can use. Please by all means comment below on your own experiences with Mierce Miniatures. The goal of these articles is to give reader additional information in one place about ordering miniatures and hobby tools from many different places. 
All scores are rated 1-5. 1 being extremely poor, 3 acceptable/good, 5 being exceptional.



Mierce Miniatures
While I was not ordering a lot of miniature I had been looking at the Dyndraig Champion and warriors for some time. It was not easy to find pics of them online from people ordering so I mostly was relying upon the base size to give me a good idea of the size of these miniatures.

This review is only for my own personal experience with the order. Past company dealings etc I do not know exactly what happened, so for this review I give the benefit of the doubt and look at who Mierce Miniatures is today and my order.


Customer Service: The Order and Shipping......
I ordered the following... and note that a friend of mine also ordered another miniature as well (not here yet and expecting it sometime this week.)
1x Dyndraig Champion
1x Dyndraig Warriors

Overall the pricing of the miniatures (in my opinion) is a little high, but there are some great Starter Hosts that can save you some money and really make the miniatures more affordable. So when making an order I would always start with these starter sets.


Mierce was very quick with my order and letting me know when it shipped by email. I ordered on a Saturday and the package was shipped on Monday. (I live in the US technically it was a late Saturday order.)

Again I my location here on the West Coast always has a orders from anyone taking a couple extra days to reach here, (unless your Amazon), so with my order shipping on a Monday.... it arrived the following Friday. That was 12 days in transit. That's not bad.

Customer Service and Shipping Rating. 4 Excellent


Cost of the Miniatures with shipping: 
I already talked about the costs of the miniatures a little, and yes I tend to find that Mierce Miniatures prices are a little higher that I would hope. This has put me off from buying miniatures from them in the past.

However....., often you can purchase many of the miniatures in metal as an option from the normal Resin, which brings the cost down. Material selections and Starter Host options to save some cash really help you select what you really want or need in the miniature.

If looking to use these miniatures for another game besides Darklands, you can find the base sizes of the miniature on your order or on the starter hosts pic. Otherwise its really hard to tell just how big these miniatures are. Make certain you take into consideration the size of the miniature on just how much the models will cost.

Here is what I ordered.
galhwch lladd llaw, pendyndraig of gwaelod     resin $41.39
mabyon, dyndraig of gwaelod     resin $34.49

I find again since I live outside the UK that in order to get free shipping the order has be much larger than I would like. Shipping Costs listed as per their website.
- You're in the UK, and as long as your order totals £50 or more.
- You're anywhere except the UK, and your order totals £100 or more.

Rating for Total Costs including Shipping: 3.5 Good


Scale, Details, and Quality of the Miniature.
Mierce Miniatures models are in a high quality polyurethane resin. There are excellent instructions on their site ..... https://mierce-miniatures.com/index.php?act=prm on how they suggest you handle and prep their resin models. I tend to follow their lead when it comes to working with their resin.

The models came packed well in their own bags, which is good since there really is no instructions on how to put the models together. (they are easy enough though). With a good washing the miniatures went together well with non of the horrid model joints being allergic to the glue. These miniatures went together real easy and assembly was quick.


I do like the resin used for the miniatures, and nothing needed to be reshaped or came broken. Here is a look some pics to see the detail of the miniatures (which is quite good).





What I did find interesting is that the scale of the two miniatures I expected to be the same size based on the images I could find. However, one was noticeably larger than the other.



Here are another pic as well as some model comparisons to see the scale up next to some familiar images.



Quality, Material, and Sculpts..... 4+ (4.5). Dinged mostly because its hard to tell the scale of these miniatures and if they will fit into your armies that you are using for other games or even in comparison to their own miniatures.



Mierce Miniatures Overall 4.0
I would definitely order from Mierce Miniatures again. Taking the time to get the best deal on the site as well as looking for scale comparisons where I would start. Mierce Mniatures has a great range of sculpts that you really can't find anywhere else. You can check them out at the link below.

Please add any comments and add your experiences with the company below.
https://www.mierce-miniatures.com/

 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...