Over the years Ive put a lot of models together, literally hundreds and maybe thousands. So while I enjoy putting some miniatures together more than others it was a surprising turn of events for me to really enjoy putting two sets of miniatures together.


I always enjoy the final product of the miniature assembly, but generally not actual process itself....., so these moments are memorable. You know the tribulations we go through during assembly.....

  • finding that fallen tiny piece that flew off the sprue when you clipped it and it hit your body so it made little or no sound where it went. 15-20 minutes later.....
  • slipping of the xacto blades while trimming/shaving/or doing some customization and having to use your paper towel nearby to stop the bleeding.
  • Glue allergic joints that just will not glue and must be held in position for extended periods of time. While we are at it, yep the glue that accidentally got on your fingers and is now stuck to that part.

Now I believe the last models I really enjoyed the process of putting together was a pair of Eldar Wraithknights. Part of that was for what they would be doing on the tabletop in my Eldar lists, but the model itself was really enjoyable and exciting to put together, that excitement when you first got into the hobby.

So while I was looking forward to getting these miniatures together I was surprised that when I was done with assembly I really wanted more to put together.

The miniatures were these from Raging Heroes. The Stingray Troops from the Lust Elves. I knew I was going to like these miniatures, check out the image here, because this is the model I started with.


These are some of the coolest models, but they have so much dynamic movement in them when you have them in person. The pic Raging Heroes has here does not really provide just how much dynamic movement you can get out of these models. I adjusted the model sightly to get more movement out of it.

Check out my results.





The Stingrays come in three parts each very intuitive, and even the riders were a snap and easy to position. With a little bit of adjustment you are able to slightly adjust and even get more dynamic positioning of the riders as you can see in the pic above.

I really think it was the sculpts of the Stingrays that give most of that flying fluid movement, but the riders themselves can really just pull it all together. I think I achieved various results with each of the riders, but by far the one above turned out the best.

Anyhow, I know I mentioned multiple box sets.... I ordered both the Troops and Command box set for Stingray riders, but also a box of Centaurs, which I'll save for another time when I get some paint going.

Here are some additional pics of the Stingray riders and a couple of the Centaurs. I am painting today, so there WILL be paint on these by the end of the day. You can also see more on these miniatures at the Raging Heroes site.

This is what I ordered.
https://www.ragingheroes.com/collections/lust-elves-scifi/products/skinners-raid-le-sf

and the Centaurs
https://www.ragingheroes.com/collections/lust-elves-scifi/products/centaurs-sf-cg-le-sf







 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...