Sometimes seeing someone else's models are nothnig but pure inspiration. This is the case here, as his models are nothing short of amazing. This is from whats new today on the Games Workshop site, and I just had to share it.

via Games Workshop "Whats New Today"
Nick Kay and I'm a digital artist. I've been a Games Workshop hobbyist for 16 years now, and my first painting project was the Hero Quest boxed set (fond memories there). I live near Providence, Rhode Island in the United States.

This army represents Clan Sorrgol of the Iron Hands Space Marine Chapter and so far it is consists of around 1850 points of models. The goal behind the army's distinctive appearance was to capture the 'grim-dark' feel of the Warhammer 40,000 universe. I chose the Iron Hands because of their infatuation with machinery and augmentations - this trait would provide a plethora of conversion opportunities, which is one of my favourite parts of the hobby.

I looked at plenty of Warhammer 40,000 art for inspiration, adopting unique weapon configurations like powerfists with under-slung combimeltas, optical implants, prosthetic arms and legs, and a series of breathing apparatuses. Most of the bits I used to convert the models came from wrist watches, since these were the correct scale for the miniatures. I also made use of Chaos, Imperial Guard, and other Space Marine bits for the hundreds of conversions within the army. Painting the Iron Hands was not only a fun hobby project, but also an opportunity to test my abilities and try new methods of painting. I made extensive use of Forge World's Imperial Armour Masterclass Vol. I for inspiration and reference on this project and literally slept with the book at my side.

















Link to details about the conversions. Games Workshop: Whats New Today
 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...