The one thing that keeps coming up on my worksheets this week is Grey Knights. With their pre-orders right around the corner, I have been re-reading the information I have to get some generalizations on them. Mostly on how to deal with them, but also whether or not I will end up with this army.

Presence of Faeit is a weekly editorial by myself. I generally report during the week what is going on, and today is my day to comment on what exactly it is that I am thinking of.

Grey Knights Incoming
They are coming and coming hard. This will be a tough codex to adjust to, for a couple simple reasons. The last several codex while good were or are rather tough to play. Blood Angels were not the simple blood thirsty hammer people were thinking they would be, Tyranids are not the dumbed down version of a horde, and Dark Eldar, well we know this is not a simple army.

Grey Knights appear that they will be getting a very good codex, but it also appears to be able to be played much easier than other armies. It is not that it is dumbed down, its that several generalized lists will be strong almost immediately out of the box. Those cookie cutter lists will be very strong and easy to play by just about everyone that is deciding to paint their now red marines Grey.

This not bad. In fact this is good for the hobby. Imperial Guard are like this as well. However, it is an expensive army to purchase, while Grey Knights will tend to use far less models, and those with limited budgets will have more access to playing this army.

The codex itself though, if it follows the current 5th edition trend, will be excellent. It may have these simple cookie cutter builds, but it will also be a very variable and complex codex when you really get into it. This is the part that I am looking forward to.

Cadian Hostile Conversion Kits.
Wow, I just love these and the models this week have been added to my to do list. Dark Eldar are first, but these models are beyond excellent, and everything I wanted in Valhallans. I am glad forgeworld dedicated some time to these, and am looking forward to any additions they add to this line. Hint hint forgeworld modelers, I need some heavy weapons.

Dark Eldar Webways
While I own three and have been playing with 2 or 3 lately, I am about to move away from them for a bit, and work on playing other areas of the codex. It is mostly because I am waiting to do some modeling for a non-proxied set of grotesques, and atm do not really feel like cutting up Rat Ogres. (Although I am looking for a couple of them).

I have been interested in running harlequins this last week, and have put together several lists that utilize their unit design strengths. (this is looking at how the unit looks in the codex and deciphering what the unit was written to do vs what I want it to do).
 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...