It's a Great Time to share your work and submit to the What's On Your Table series. The que is short again and submissions are only day or so out from being posted.

To submit your work, please send up to 8 pics or short video to natfka@live.com

Hello, hope you are well. I thought I’d submit my take on the Triumph of St. Katherine. 


When I saw the original model I was pretty in awe of it, but at the same time I couldn't help but see it as an opportunity to essentially create my own diorama that was playable.

I love all those classic Warhammer 40k art pieces by the likes of John Blanche, David Gallagher and more recently Paul Dainton and Jaime Martinez. I really want to capture the turmoil of battle that those images evoke, but in model form.

And this is what I came up with. I really wanted it to be as close to the original model in terms of size, so I could play it without worrying about any complaints and this is what lead me to the mounted Imagifier. It help get close to the height, which I then cheated a bit further with the base. It's pretty close (about 130mm rather than 140mm)

I wanted the rest of the models to represent the variation you find in the Adeptus Ministorum, something you see a lot in the art (particularly like the second edition Codex cover). I also thought nothing says over the top 'grim dark' like a blind serf dragging a giant stone brazier into battle.

A not entirely detailed list of bits I've used. Obviously a fair few Adepta Sororitas models, a Chaos Knight horse with a Bretonnian horse head, Pious Vorne, Stormcast Eternals, a Cawdor ganger, Flagellants, Traitor Guardsmen, lots of small bits from the old Bretonnian Men-at-arms kit.

Hope you like it, this is probably the biggest conversation/kitbash I've done and I'm pretty pleased with it. Follow me on Instagram if that's your thing: @necronic

Thanks!
Chris










 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...