Adeptus Titanicus is a one of those specialist games that I really look forward to. So with the Horus Heresy Weekender all wrapped up, I took special notice of anyone posting up on it this morning. Here is a demo of the game that I found, and someone that was watching...
Make certain you check both out both of their sites for their full take on the game.
Here is a brief excerpt from Col Hertfords blog, so go there for his full review.
via Col. Hertford from his blog Col. Hertford's Minis
Starting in the top left, we have the order space.
The orders on the right go here, but more on orders later.
- Command - This is the number the titan has to roll to above to get receive orders.
- Ballistic Skill - This is the value you have to roll on a D6 to hit without modifiers.
- Speed - This has two values, the first is the normal speed. The second is when you decide to push extra reactor power to the legs.
- Weapon Skill - This is the value you have to roll on a D6 to hit in close combat without modifiers.
- Manoeuvre - The number of turns a titan can make. This has two values, the first is the normal numbers of turns. The second is when you decide to push extra reactor power to the legs to get additional turns.
- Servitor Clades - This is the amount of dice you roll in the repair phase.
Amazingly enough, Rictus was watching the demo (assuming it was the same demo). Here are some of his notes and pics.
via Rictus at the Recalcitrant Daze
There looks to be a some great nods going back to the earliest days of the original Adeptus Titanicus, both in the feel of the game and the background material used.
The control panel (can't remember actual name of them) allow you to keep track of everything on your titan. While there is a chance we will get one included with each titan the chances are we'll get a pack of them in the box game and then be able to buy add on packs as you need.