This looks like a great lead in to 8th edition. Here is the latest.
via Games Workshop
What a great time to be in the hobby! We are proud to introduce you to The Inner Circle! This is a North American program that lets customers take part in an amazing Warhammer 40,000 hobby event that will excite you to your core. The winners will receive an all expense paid trip to the Games Workshop Dallas office to take part in a mind-blowing event. Now is the time to muster for war, a Storm is gathering!
This description will let you know all the information you need to take part in this awesome evetn. This includes the following:
- Key dates
- How do you participate?
- What do you need to do to win?
- A Score sheet
- 3/22/17 Inner Circle "Special Announcement"
- 5/13/17 Ritual of Judgement
- 5/13/17 In-Store Party
- 5/13/17 Announce store winners on Facebook
- 5/17/17 Final (5) Grand Prize winners announced on store Facebook pages at 4:30pm (central time)
- 6/3/17 Final (5) winners flown to Dallas for Inner Circle final celebration
HOW DO YOU PARTICIPATE?
This is easy. Gather your forces and head down to your closest Games Workshop store. They will be hosting a hand full of fun "Gathering Storm" activities for you to participate in, as well as providing outrageous customer service to help you collect, build, and paint the newest additions to your collections. Make sure you sign up for the activities and fill out an Inner Circle score tracker, so you can get as many points as you can.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO TO WIN?
There's no purchase necessary to take part in this event. We've provided a score sheet with this document that explains how you get points for your entry. Make sure that you read through it, who knows, there may be an opportunity for you to add some additional details, or that extra level of highlighting. All of these things will help you earn additional points. The entry with the most points wins the title of Store Champion.
Each Store Champion will then be judged against each other by the Games Workshop Dallas office staff. After that, five finalists will be picked, and flown to Dallas for the finals.
Do models have to be painted?
- No, see the score sheet.
What about a tie?
- The 'Player's Choice' winner breaks any ties.
How will the winners be announced?
- We will announce them on your store's Facebook page. The winners will be contacted by Games Workshop and travel arrangements will be made.
How am I getting to Dallas and how long am I staying?
- Once we know the winners, we will contact them to arrange travel. You will be staying for one night, so pack accordingly. If you cannot travel to Dallas, the next runner up will be awarded the grand prize. See the terms and conditions for more details. (Stop by the store to see the Terms and Conditions, as they are not typed up here.)
How will the Store Champions entries get judged for the Grand Prize?
- The store managers will take pictures of the Store Champion's entry and submit them to the Dallas office immediately after the event (5/13/17). The office staff will use an additional score sheet to judge entries (Come by the store to see the additional score sheet)
- IMPORTANT: Entries can be up18 units/characters and must be able to fit in a 2' x 2' area.
- Total units/characters in collection (18 maximum): +1 per unit
- Each unit based (excluding vehicles w/o bases): +1 per unit
- Each converted unit/character: +1 per unit
- Unit/character built after Feb. 11th: +4 if purchased from a Games Workshop store, +2 if purchased anywhere else
- Unit/character painted after Feb. 11th: +4 if purchased from a Games Workshop store, +2 if purchased anywhere else
CHOOSE ONE OF THE 4 PAINTING TECHNIQUES BELOW THAT BEST REPRESENTS THE PAINTING TECHNIQUE USED IN THE COLLECTION:
...more to come soon. For all these details and more, stop by the store for a participant handout!