Presence of Faeit is my weekly editorial, where I go beyond the news and rumors, and discuss what ever it is that is on my mind.


Receiving Flak
I've been doing this now since March of 2010. While the site has not always been same as it is now, every once in a while I get a lot of flak, some of which is very much deserved, other times... well, the drama policy here and in my life takes care of that.

I think its important that I try as hard as I can to get to all emails, and read every comment that comes onto the site. I do take all feedback seriously. I try and keep my sources protected and keep a level of respect for Guest Authors, and those that come here to do QnA's for the community.

Fallen Supplement
I received a lot of flak for how I posted up on this, that is OK, the post was probably a little over the top when it came to the title. I was reporting on what was sent to me. And that was that Vetock said he was doing it.

Just to clear up what was sent in
Jeremy Vetock announced at games day that there will definitely be a fallen supplement coming.

I received this from a reader here on the site just this morning, which is what I have been reading on other sites. So I am going to take the section below as what was really said, and for anyone still stuck on this subject, I apologize, I got a little carried away on the title.
I did over hear the conversation with J. Vetock on the fallen supplement.  It was something that he was wanting to do, and is not planned at the moment.


White Dwarf Cover Image
Yes, I have seen what appears to be the September White Dwarf cover. Here is where its discussed.
http://natfka.blogspot.ca/2013/08/september-white-dwarf-cover-and-old.html

To answer the questions about releasing the image.
No I cannot, and I provided a description of what I briefly saw for readers that are excited about it. A better image I am sure will be out sometimes this week.

There are a couple reasons why I will not post it up.
Number 1. I know too many of the GW legal team by first name. Staying out of the crosshairs is a priority. There is a great IP attorney backing us up here on Faeit 212, but there is no need to push those limits. GW legal and I have an understanding at the moment.

Number 2. Its more important to protect the source and where the image came from. Releasing this image out to some anonymous site or location would put more than just a couple jobs at risk. Its just not going to happen. The images of the White Dwarf cover will hit sites probably later this week. A few days of waiting is not worth it.

Number 3. I described what I briefly saw, and that gets out the information that helps the community. We now know for certain that Space Marines is happening, and that these new Dreadmarines are on the cover.

Vacation
Edmonton has been lots of fun. I have spent most of the time visiting with family, and of course receiving a lot of talk from the brothers and father in law, about how this year, I will get beaten in Chess. Apparently they have been practicing for the last two years. I haven't touched a chess board since the last time here, so I am going to assume I am going to have a hard time against them.

Heritage Days was fun, lots of food. The bus system was a mess there, but the event was great. Apparently today is a holiday in Canada. Funny enough though is that none of my family members know what holiday it is, just that they do not have to work.

The Genesis Project
There is not a lot I can say yet on this, but a little of the background can be released.

A Long, Long Time Ago, our Worlds were lifeless, floating through the silence of the void of space and time, alone and unhindered. Molded by rock and fire, the creators from beyond came, and gave our planets life resembling their own lost worlds. 

Each world was seeded with enough genetic material for it to grow and develop. While each world was seeded similarly, each world developed on its own, with its own unique variables, its own variation of the original life packed inside the seeds of life.  

The Genesis Worlds are connected by birth, tied together by their original genetic codes that were planted upon the worlds, and finally unique by the variations of time and evolution. For while we are all connected by the Creator Species, what we are today is an evolutionary mix of genetic Mutation, Adaptation, and its influences from Knowledge and Science. 

The Genesis Project was perhaps the greatest ever known by the Gods, the Creators, but our existence was not to be the Eden of paradise we were given. The Genesis Worlds history is fraught with the tribulations of War, Survival, and even Horror. 

Whats on my Table
While up in Edmonton, of course no model work is getting done, but that doesn't mean that I am idle. I am currently reading through the rulebook and background of Hell Dorado. I personally find its background fascinating, and the couple times I have played the game, I have really enjoyed it.

So Hell Dorado is what I have been spending my time reading through. I have two decent sized factions to put together and start getting games in with, sitting at home and waiting for me. So you can expect to see these very soon.

Painters Corner
http://natfka.blogspot.ca/2013/08/the-painters-corner-eldar-jewels-and.html
Another project when I get home, is putting the Painters Corner to the test, as I have some eldar Wraithguard to paint up. So lots of eldar jewels, and I will be using the last tutorial from Friday to get these done.

The Painter's Corner will be a weekly article, with tips and tricks of the trade. Shawn from BTP really has gone over and above what we were discussing with these. Full videos alongside the topic of the week is very cool.

I hope that these will help the community with their projects, and that we can keep to the weekly topics. I think they are extremely positive for the community here on Faeit 212.
 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...