What's On Your Table: To submit your work, please send up to 8 pics to natfka@live.com

I have been carefully honing my weathering techniques and I am very happy to showcase my latest effort, that of an Adeptus Mechanicus Imperial Knight.


I used various painting techniques and created a lot of the battle damage using chipping fluids. I had a layer of burnished copper/metal underneath which followed by air brushing the brighter colours over the top. I chipped away at the top coat with a tooth brush and pick to reveal the mottled surface below. I created rust using an enamel rust streak paint and pulling them across the surface with white spirit. I also used a number of GW washes and metallic highlights to pull it altogether. The base was particularly fun, I spent a lot of time trying to make everything look 'part of the scene' rather then artificially placed. It was all topped off with Forgeworld weathering powders.

More photos over on my blog: 
http://grimdarkrealms.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/mechanicus-themed-imperial-knight.html#.V0NgZ5ErLRY

Regards
James









 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...