Things went a little bad yesterday, but I am back. I was stranded up in the mountains after some (idiot) cut my trucks battery cables and drilled 3 holes in my fuel tank. Of course they also tore open the passenger side door of the truck damaged it so it does not close properly.


The bad side is..... there is no cell service were I was in the far remote trailhead I was at in the Cascade Mountains.

The good news.... I was able to take cables to jery-rig my cables to make a connection to the battery and get 2 miles out of my fuel tank, to at least get down the mountain side where it died again, but still out of cell range. Had to walk (with my 9 year old daughter) a ways down the road until we could find some homes.

Long story short.... we eventually got out, but had to get towed over 60 miles to the nearest town with a mechanic. The closest town to where I was stuck.... has a population of 3.

I am back now after a long day... and a truck that is about an hour away at a mechanic shop to get fixed.

The thieves... got away with $40 in gas from my truck but did well over a $1,000 in damage. Rough day yesterday.

Back to the normal articles. Im glad to be back.
Thanks for being patient.

-Gary (Natfka)

PS.. the picture is where I took my daughter backpacking.
 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...