Well, Im headed up to Olympia Washington come Saturday morning. From what Ive heard, they are not turning away anyone that qualified for the semi's. I signed up there 2 days before they announced where the semi's were being held (thx Andy for the heads up). When I did sign up, I was number 20. This means that it could very well be the largest semi-final event in the country. How do you prepare for that? Well, no clue. Ha.

All I am doing is getting my stuff ready, my army is ready..... with some minor decal adjustments, and I was going to put grenades on my melta bomb (demolition team) squad. Other that that, there is not much to do. Read the missions, make sure I have everything and go.

I put my name on my templates, and my scatter dice. My second opponent tried to steal mine at the prelims. Speaking of which, after the games, I will be doing a set on my gaming experiences during this years ard boyz. I am hoping the semi's run a much tighter ship than the store I did the prelims at. The prelim store was a mess. Stealing dice, models not wysiwyg(some bad proxies), people either stalling or just not decent enough to get through games (80-90% of the games did not make the time limit, some only getting into round 3), and store owners talking down the Ard Boyz event (apparently they like fluffers, alot of pew pew pew down there)..

Anyhow, no more bashing the place. Its all about getting up to this years semi-finals, and having a blast. Playing new competitive players, and seeing tons and tons of games going on. I will have to remember to take better pictures when I get the chance this year.
 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...