What's On Your Table: To submit your work, please send up to 8 pics to natfka@live.com

I was inspired to send this in after seeing another submission of a salvaged finecast Tau commander.

When I received this particular commander it was an absolute wreck, lots of bubbles and warps in the casting.  I actually sent in for a replacement which I converted and painted back in 2013 and this was just sitting in my bits box for a while.  

Eventually I just had some fun tinkering with an assortment of Tau bits, plasticard, and more than a little bit of Greenstuff to make this commander.  

I've had plenty of bad experiences with Tau Battlesuits and their ankles so I tend to anchor them in the back with metal rod painted black.  It's not the best look, but it really makes me feel better when I put this Commander (or any fellow battlesuits) on the table. 

In addition to the finecast commander base, this piece features broadside shoulders from the HYMPs, Broadside leg aerials as head aerials, missile pods from missile drones mounted on cut burst cannon drums to give the impression of a swivel mount, part of a recon drone eye for the eye, plasticard built onager gauntlet with an integrated cut down rail rifle (I felt that the onager gauntlet should have some piercing functionality), and Farsight battlesuit feet.

-Alexander








 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...