Of course Harry is saying that it may be End Times +3 books, but regardless, Harry has chimed in on the End Times of Warhammer Fantasy, along with a rumor of the End Times having a 6 month window of releases.


Please remember that these are rumors.

via Tozudos a Dieces "translated" ***
-9th edition first quarter summer 2015
-20th September Pre order WEOT starter special kit edition, and expanded rules
-6 months window release End of Times. Three more books. 13 circa special characters units plastic kits moar.
-Sword of khaine plastic big kit wielded by an old elven friend Or foe.
-Great chaos.dragon with sc on mount.
-Plastic Vermin Lord.
-Exalted N Kari and Lord of Change.

via Harry on Warseer ****
You may remember last year I was being very vague about some 'radical changes' in a thread about 9th edition.

Back at the start of the year, in one of my first posts of the new year I said this:

I don't think they are trying to destroy it. 
I suspect they will be trying their hardest to breath new life into it.
We are not seeing the "End times" for Warhammer just yet.

Did you see what I did there? 
The clues are always there fellas.

So I first heard about all this last autumn?
I was told 2014 would be "Year zero" for Warhammer.

Had no idea what that meant at first but if you Google your way to the wikipedia you get this:

The term Year Zero (Khmer: ឆ្áž“ាំសូáž“្áž™ chhnam saun), applied to the takeover of Cambodia in April 1975 by the Khmer Rouge, is an analogy to the Year One of the French Revolutionary Calendar. During the French Revolution, after the abolition of the French monarchy (September 20, 1792), the National Convention instituted a new calendar and declared the beginning of the Year I. The Khmer Rouge takeover of Phnom Penh was rapidly followed by a series of drastic revolutionary de-industrialization policies resulting in a death toll that vastly exceeded that of the French Reign of Terror.

The idea behind Year Zero is that all culture and traditions within a society must be completely destroyed or discarded and a new revolutionary culture must replace it, starting from scratch. All history of a nation or people before Year Zero is deemed largely irrelevant, as it will (as an ideal) be purged and replaced from the ground up.

It was made clear to me that this was what we were talking about for warhammer.
Everything that existed being completely destroyed (or discarded) and something new replacing it from scratch ... purged and replaced from the ground up.

I hinted in various posts that they would be getting rid of the existing timeline, the existing map, etc. (In an effort to soften the blow. )

I am going to get this a bit wrong because I honestly can't remember where I heard it but to confirm the three book rumour .... I did hear the "End times" were going to be spread over three books.

Nagash was the first, followed by Malekith followed by Glotkin


- Stopping development of WHFB altogether .... I heard it was discussed clearly they decided to try something else.
- Squatting several key armies .... I heard it was discussed and what survives may not be recognisable in 9th
- Dropping ranked units for skirmishing round based individuals .... I heard it was discussed.

And other doomsday scenarios ... 

Urrrm, the whole thing is, in fact, a Doomsday scenario
What I am expecting is most of the End times releases in the next six months .... I bit of a breather and 9th edition six months after that ... July/August 2015

Whatever 9th is it will be set in the grimmest, darkest post apocalyptic Warhammer fantasy world yet.

 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...