This is an article being shared with us through Adam over on the Spruegrey Toy Soldiers where we are introduced to the amazing artist Amanda Kopet who won the Best Painted Overall and Players choice at the 2018 Triumph GT.




Secret Origins is a series of articles interviewing great people in the hobby and to find out just who these superheroes are. See more of them at Spruegrey Toy Soldiers
https://www.spruegrey.com/


Shared by Spruegrey Toy Soldiers
https://www.spruegrey.com/the-astounding-secret-origin-of-amanda-kopet/
This episode of Secret Origins features Amanda Kopet aka. Syncrhroneyess. Amanda is a painter who sprung to the #Spruegrey Nation’s attention after her awesome Sylvaneth army popped up on Twitter after winning Best Painted overall, as well as Players Choice for best painted at the 2018 Triumph GT.
Amanda Kopet synchroneyess warhammer miniature painter sylvaneth army gt age of sigmar paintedwarhammer
What age did you get into painting and what started it off?I’ve always liked art, but I first got into miniature painting about 6 years ago. I really liked board games and most of them had boring grey plastic so i started with painting them.
Tree Revenants Amanda Kopet Synchroneyess warhammer gallery pictures miniature painter sylvaneth army gt trees paintedwarhammer winning age of sigmar
What was the first model you ever bought/painted?
First thing I ever painted was my copy of Mansions of Madness and then went on to most of the rest of my board game collection. As far as actual figures I split a GW Dark Vengeance Box set with a friend and the Hellbrute that came with that was my first ever paint job.
Amanda Kopet synchroneyess warhammer miniature gallery pictures painter sylvaneth army gt trees winning lord age of paintedwarhammer sigmar
What is your favourite aspect of painting?
I love that it is relaxing and a good creative outlet. I’m pretty crafty in other aspects- sketching, cross stitch, sewing, and what not. But I love that this combines my gaming passion as well as artistic. I also just love seeing how a piece comes to life once it has color added to it.
Amanda Kopet synchroneyess warhammer miniature painter sylvaneth army paintedwarhammer gt trees winning lord alarielle gallery pictures age of sigmar
What are you working on right now?
What aren’t I working on right now? I tend to bounce around in between projects quite a bit. The Belisarious Cawl model I took to NoVA was about 2 years in the making on and off. Right now I have my new Sylvaneth list to finish up, the new LOTR box set, Adeptus Titanicus, and a few commission pieces. And then don’t get me started on my closet of shame, you’d fine a Warhound Titan, everything Kingdom Death, lots of terrain, and other assorted models that are all in the queue.
Amanda Kopet synchroneyess warhammer miniature painter sylvaneth army gt trees winning lord whole army pictures gallery pictures age of sigmar paintedwarhammer
When you are not conquering the paintbrush, what do you do?
I work in the QA department of the Microbiology Section at the New York State Food Safety Lab. I also work a few shifts at a local restaurant.
Amanda Kopet synchroneyess warhammer miniature painter sylvaneth army gt trees winning lord whole army picture gallery age of sigmar paintedwarhammer
Which of your armies is your favourite?
Probably my Sylvaneth. When I was playing board games large scale miniatures games like warhammer were something that seemed out of reach. Overly expensive and complicated, and then the amount of space needed just didn’t make much sense to me when i was making minimum wage and renting a small apartment. But I absolutely loved the wood elves models. When I finally took the plunge it was into 40k, but with the Fantasy re-brand to Sigmar I was able to get my Elves and Trees!
Amanda Kopet synchroneyess warhammer 40k miniature painter Belisarious Cawl mechanicum picture gallery age of sigmar paintedwarhammer
Secret painter or loud and proud?Somewhere in between. I’m a bit of an introvert so i find it hard to share some times. But as time has progressed I’ve found it easier to be upfront and in your face with my self promotion.
Amanda Kopet synchroneyess warhammer 40k miniature painter Belisarious Cawl mechanicum picture gallery age of sigmar paintedwarhammer
Any hobby tips or cheats to share?My two favorite parts of miniature painting are weathering and basing. I think that those two aspects really help to just completely immerse the model in another world and really set the tone of the story you’re trying to tell with it. Also I think that taking classes when you go to a con are invaluable ways to improve. There are so many opportunities to learn things from other painters online but having someone able to give you one on one feedback right then and there and correct the tiny thing you’re doing wrong is just really helpful.
Amanda Kopet synchroneyess warhammer 40k miniature painter harlequin aeldiri picture gallery painted paintedwarhammer
Why do you do What you do?Well I think that playing is a pretty natural progression when you are painting an army. As far as commission painting I started that because there were so many cool models out there that I really wanted to paint, but couldn’t justify buying if I would never use it in an army. Streaming on Twitch lets me connect with other people in real time and share things that I have learned. And the YouTube channel was a really fun way to start thinking more tactically about playing.
Amanda Kopet synchroneyess warhammer miniature painter dwarf lord picture gallery age of sigmar paintedwarhammer
How do you Work?I have an office set up in the house so that i can try and contain most of the hobby to one area (spoiler alert – its everywhere!) I have my streaming set up in there, as well as all the paints and models as organized as they can be. That allows me to find everything that I’m looking for as I need it which I think is pretty helpful. Other than that as far as models go I don’t really have a set method that I follow every time. I do always do the basing last since its my favorite.
Amanda Kopet synchroneyess warhammer miniature painter dragon picture gallery age of sigmar paintedwarhammer
Anything else you’d like to add?I think a lot of time people are intimidated to start painting due to cost and time and the fear of not being any good. But you can definitely start on the cheap side (I used apple barrel craft paints from the craft store and brushes from there as well for my first ever board game minis). A little practice goes a long way. At NoVA over the weekend a person coming out of one of the classes I took was mentioning that we are all on our own hobby journey, and as cheesy as it is, its entirely true. We’re all in this odd offshoot hobby together, so lets offer constructive criticism, promote each others work, and just stop comparing our work to others thinking we will never be that good or whatever.
I’m really excited to start attending more cons and working more on the competition side of painting. I’ll be teaching a weathering class at Da Boyz GT in New York in November. And my favorite studio (that I happen to paint for Shout out to Mythicos Studios) will be hosting the first ever Jersey Devil Painting Competition in December so I have to start getting some things sorted for that as well as Adepticon.
Eventually I would love to able to paint full time so that is the ultimate goal I am working towards.
Amanda Kopet synchroneyess shadespire warhammer miniature painter picture gallery painted stormcast eternals paintedwarhammer
Get in contact with Syncroneyess
 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...