We have heard rumors that Forgeworld is taking over some production of Finecast and that process may have already been started. Here is an email from a reader, that one of the latest finecast models he purchased was not completely made up of finecast resin.


I am hoping that we get a follow up and possibly some pictures later today to take a look at what his model consisted of. Until then, take this as a rumor.

via the Faeit 212 inbox
Hey, I know the rumors have been saying that forgeworld will begin to start taking over finecast production for a while now and, well, I think it's started.

Got a venomethrope I ordered online from GW the other day, and weirdly enough, while the back fins and tentacles seemed to be perfectly normal finecast, the main body was a touch darker shade of gray, and kind of shiny compared to finecast's normally fairly matte color. Smelled sorta different too. The rumor immediately sprang to mind, but I sort of pushed it to the back of my head, that's nothing conclusive, right?

I tried twice to glue the fins onto the body but my (fresh, brand new tube of) glue wouldn't take. I know I've heard you need to wash forgeworld stuff to get the release agents off, so that's my next step. Just figured I'd drop you a line about it, since I haven't heard anyone else mention similar occurrences yet.
 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...