What's On Your Table: To submit your work, please send up to 8 pics or short video to natfka@live.com

Got myself a 3d printer and have printed off what I call Tau town, all the bits here have been printed on a ender 3 pro printer, it's a FDM printer so uses a long line of plastic it melts and layers up as it cools.


All the bits you see here are files from a sight called thingiverse and are free to download, I also have plans to add my own designs to this down the line.

I would just like to say that while 3d printers are very nice for terrain and resin printers can do amazing things for minatures I don't think we should use them to print minatures, it undermines the hobby as it puts companies that we love at risk and where would we be then. Printing a busted tau tank to use as terrain or a spare bits for mins say is fine but as 3d printers become more available we should resist the urge to use them to print entire armies, else you will find game systems might well just die off and you will have no ever changing and adapting centralised rules system to use all them printed mins with.

I will also say that those of you interested In getting into 3d printing it can be very rewarding but research it first as it is ever evolving, it can also be expensive up front and these prints can take a loooooong time.

Anyway hope you enjoy and I will have some more bits to add at some point I am sure :)

-Bda









 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...